Robin Hood brand All Purpose Flour, Original recalled due to E. coli O121
- Starting date: April 4, 2017
- Type of communication: Recall
- Alert sub-type: Updated Food Recall Warning
- Hazard classification: Class 2
- Source of recall: Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Recalling firm: Smucker Foods of Canada Corp.
- Distribution: National
- Extent of the product distribution: Retail
- CFIA reference number: 11310
Ottawa, April 4, 2017 – The food recall warning issued on March 28, 2017 has been updated to include additional distribution information. This additional information was identified during the Canadian Food Inspection Agency’s (CFIA) food safety investigation.
Smucker Foods of Canada Corp. is recalling Robin Hood brand All Purpose Flour, Original from the marketplace due to possible E. coli O121 contamination. Consumers should not consume the recalled product described below.
What you should do
If you think you became sick from consuming a recalled product, call your doctor.
Check to see if you have recalled products in your home. Recalled products should be thrown out or returned to the store where they were purchased.
Food contaminated with E. coli O121 may not look or smell spoiled but can still make you sick. Symptoms can include nausea, vomiting, mild to severe abdominal cramps and watery to bloody diarrhea. In severe cases of illness, some people may have seizures or strokes, need blood transfusions and kidney dialysis or live with permanent kidney damage. In severe cases of illness, people may die.
- Learn more about the health risks
- Sign up for recall notifications by email, follow us on Twitter, or join the CFIA community on Facebook
- View our detailed explanation of the food safety investigation and recall process
Who is affected
There has been one reported illness associated with the consumption of this product.
This recall was triggered by findings by CFIA during its investigation into a foodborne illness outbreak. The CFIA is conducting a food safety investigation, which may lead to the recall of other products. If other high-risk products are recalled, the CFIA will notify the public through updated Food Recall Warnings.
The CFIA is verifying that industry is removing recalled product from the marketplace.
|Brand name||Common name||Size||Code(s) on product||UPC|
|Robin Hood||All Purpose Flour, Original||10 kg||Lot codes containing BB/MA 2018 AL 17 and 6 291 548
Only product with a best before date of April 17, 2018 (2018 AL 17) and the production code 6 291 548 is being recalled.
|0 59000 01652 8|