Drinking lemon water has many health benefits. It hydrates the body, detoxes the liver, cleanses the skin and improves overall health. Many celebrities, like Beyoncé, Gwyneth Paltrow and even my favourite leadership coaches Deepak Chopra and Robin Sharma have talked about how drinking lemon water is part of their daily ritual. Jennifer Aniston apparently begins every morning “with a glass of freshly squeezed lemon juice to flush out her body.” I hope their dentists share with them the effects lemon water has on tooth enamel. Lemon water is acidic. It causes irreversible erosion of the enamel of teeth. This can lead to translucent, sensitive teeth.
Here are some ways to minimize the acid erosion of lemon water on your teeth:
- Drink lemon water through a straw, to minimize contact with teeth.
- Rinse pure water after drinking lemon water.
- Do not brush for 30 minutes after drinking lemon water.
- Make fluoridated toothpaste part of your oral hygiene regimen (Consider Toothpaste that is specially designed to protect against enamel erosion and reduces sensitivity)
- Let us know if you already have enamel erosion.
Dr. Elizabeth Dimovski – Brampton Dentist We Protect Your Smile!
Tagged in: Lemon Water and Damage to Your Teeth, Top Dentists in Brampton, Best Dentist in Caledon, Tooth Erosion, Dental Health, Dental Info, Lemon Water, Brampton Family Dentists, Peel Dentists, Brampton Dental Offices, celebrity smile,Deepak Chopra, drinks that damage your teeth, Gwyneth Paltrow, Kids Dentists in Brampton, lemon water, Tooth Decay, Top Dentist in Brampton