2020 Caledon Property Tax Due Dates Deferred by Two Months
2020 Tax Bills
Property tax installment payments are regularly due on the first Thursday of March, May, July and September however due to the COVID-19 pandemic 2nd, 3rd and 4th instalments have been deferred by two months.
- First installment: Thursday, March 5, 2020
- Second installment: Thursday, May 7, 2020 Deferred to July 2
- Third installment: Thursday, July 2, 2020 Deferred to September 3rd
- Final installment: Thursday, September 3, 2020 Deferred to November 5th
For more information or to pay bill online click link http://www.town.caledon.on.ca/en/townhall/property-tax.asp
More info on the TAX DEFERRAL:
Property Tax Deferral Changes
• Property tax due date can be deferred from May 7 to July 2, 2020.
• Post-dated cheques will be processed as normal unless directed otherwise, by the taxpayer, before
April 15, 2020.
• Pre-Authorized Payment program (PAP) – April payments will be processed as normal. Taxpayers on the
• PAP plan wishing to participate in the deferral program may withdraw from the PAP program by
April 15, 2020.
• All NSF, interest and late payment charges to be waived from March 24, 2020 to December 31, 2020.
While Town facilities are closed, you can provide your payment through your financial institutions/online banking, by credit card online, a drop box located outside of the main entrance at Town Hall, through mortgage companies, by mail, and through pre-authorized payment plans.
For general tax inquiries visit our frequently asked questions page. For all other inquiries, please call us at 905.584.2272 x. 7750, or send an email to Service Caledon.
For more details on deferring or cancelling your post-dated cheque(s), withdrawing from the PAP program or payment options, visit Caledon.ca
MEDIA RELEASE: MR-2020-17 Caledon Defers Tax Payments in Response to COVID-19
Leave a Reply