Cheltenham Badlands to re-open in May
Although a set date has not yet been determined to when the Cheltenham Badlands will reopen, a post by The Bruce Trail Conservancy states they will most likely reopen in May.
The Bruce Trail Conservancy would also like to remind everyone that although the trail along the Badlands remains open year round, the Credit Valley Conservation parking lot, accessible boardwalk and viewing platform to the Badlands off Olde Baseline Road are closed.
Owned by Ontario Heritage Trust and managed by CVC
Location: 1739 Olde Base Line Road, Caledon, ON L7C 0K6 (map)
REMINDER: IF YOU ARE A CVC MEMBERSHIP CARD HOLDER THE PARKING IS INCLUDED IN YOUR MEMBERSHIP. Be sure to display your card on the dash where it can clearly be seen.
For none membership holders General Admission Fees are:
Parking rate: $10 per vehicle*
Please pay at the pay station. Machines accept credit and coin.
* Show your parking receipt at any CVC parks location for up to a $10 discount off your general admission fees. Receipt must be used the same day as purchased.
Buses (On-site requirements)
Commercial buses – not permitted in the parking lot due to the size and turn radius required to exit the parking lot.
School buses – accepted Monday to Friday by permit only. Not permitted any time on weekends or holidays. A permit will only be issued by CVC staff. Call 1-800-367-0890 for more information.
- NEW 33-car parking lot (off Olde Base Line Road)
- Accessible parking space (beside the accessible boardwalk on Olde Base Line Road. For use by valid permit holders only)
- 2 spaces for school bus parking (permit required. Contact CVC staff by calling 1-800-367-0890)
- Port-o-lets (accessible washroom onsite)
- Accessible boardwalk/ viewing platform
What to See & Do
- Historical geological Badlands feature/ nature viewing
- Hiking trails (Bruce Trail)
- Dog walking (leashed dogs only please)
- Photography (permit may be required, please contact 1-800-367-0890 for details).
Badlands Trail Map
DONATE AND HELP US PLACE A STONE BENCH ON THE GREAT TRAIL
The “Take A Hike” Caledon Hiking Group is raising funds to place the 2019 stone bench on the Caledon Trailway part of The Great Trail for everyone to enjoy.