Hiking 101 – Useful Info For Beginners
Before going out hiking here are a few things you should know:
1. Familiarize yourself with the Trail Rules, Tips and Etiquette
2. Always have the trail map of the area you are hiking by printing a map from the internet or downloading a trail APP. Here are some links to great trail APPS
- Bruce Trail APP iPhone
- Bruce Trail App Android
- The Great Trail APP iPhone
- The Great Trail APP Android
- AllTrails APP iPhone
- AllTrails Android
3. When hiking alone always let someone know what trail you will be hiking.
4. Wear proper footwear (hiking shoes or boots) and clothing and take plenty of water.
5. If you are nervous about hiking alone the internet has numerous hiking groups you can join and learn a lot from. Here are a few:
- Take a HIKE Caledon Ladies Hiking and Meet-Up Group
- Niagara Bruce Trail Club Hikes
- Iroquoia Bruce Trail Club Hikes
- Toronto Bruce Trail Club Hikes
- Dufferin Hi-Land Bruce Trail Club
- Caledon Bruce Trail Club Hikes
- Blue Mountains Bruce Trail Club
- Sydenham Bruce Trail Club Hikes
- Beaver Valley Bruce Trail Club Hikes
- Peninsula Bruce Trail Club Hikes
- Thames Valley Trail Association
- Grand Valley Trails Associations
6. Enjoy the trails and have fun.
Are all those so called “Healthy Hiking Snacks” actually good for you?
3 Comments »