Trans Canada Trail “The Great Trail” 100% Connection Celebration – August 26th, 2017
It began in 1992 and now 25 years later it is the longest multi-use recreational trail of it’s kind. The trail will be fully connected this fall, in celebration of Canada’s 150th Birthday, and it will stretch over 24,000 kilometres connecting Canada and Canadians from the Arctic to the Pacific and the Atlantic Oceans.
On August 26th, 2017, over 200 communities, are celebrating the connection of The Great Trail with Caledon being one of them.
Caledon’s celebration event will be held at the Trans Canada Trail pavilion in Caledon East, with past and present mayors, members of council, conservation authorities, trail organizations, hiking/walking/cycling groups, members of our old Trailway Committee, local businesses and many more will in attendance.
- 9 a.m. cyclists will gather in Palgrave and Inglewood to ride to Caledon East on the Trailway, depart 9:30
- 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. family activities and displays in the TCT Pavilion Park
- 10:45 a.m. symbolic walk from Town Hall to the TCT Pavilion Park – all dignitaries are asked to participate
- 11 a.m. to noon – the formal part of the event with Town Crier, speeches, unveil commemorative stone, viewing of refurbished pavilion
- Noon – 1 p.m. light refreshments for all
To find an event near you click HERE
Facts about the Trans Canada Trail