CHBTC Canada 150 1st Badge Hike with the Take a HIKE – CLHMG
In honour of Canada’s 150th birthday the Caledon Hills Bruce Trail Club is offering the Canada 150 Historical Hikes Badge. To receive the Badge participants must complete 5 hikes ranging from 9 to 12 km on their own or with an organized group. To receive the badge you must submit your logged hikes and required photos. This is a great way to experience the Caledon/Mono part of the Bruce Trail and all that it has to offer.
For more information about the hikes click HERE.
Thirteen of the members of the “Take a HIKE” Caledon Ladies Hiking and Meet up Group signed up to do the 5 hikes to receive the CHBTC Canada 150 Badge.
On May 19th 11 of us did the first hike required for the badge.
Distance: Approx. 11 km loop
Park: Roadside parking on Forks of the Credit Road near Dominion Street (km 8.8)
- Along Dominion Street to km 10.0
- Take the Dorothy Medhurst Side Trail to km 15.7 of the main Trail
- Follow the main Trail to km 16.8 and then take the McLaren Road Side Trail to km 5.1 of the main Trail
- Follow the main Trail back to the roadside parking along Forks of the Credit Rd.
- Optional: If you are interested, check out the Ring Kiln Side Trail before heading back to your car (km 8.2).
Photos Required: Photo from Dominion St. Bridge; selfie with the Lime Kiln (optional)