Want to get your kids up and fit without taking their video games away?
Pokémon has come up with an awesome idea combining the game world with the real world. Pokémon GO is built on Niantic’s Real World Gaming Platform and uses real locations to encourage players to search far and wide in the real world to discover Pokémon.
The Trans Canada Trail is full of them and today we biked the Caledon Trailway part of the Trans Canada Trail in search of Pokémon. You can find them sitting on a bench or a branch or hiding along the trail. Kids can also discover gyms where they can battle other players at certain locations of the trail. What an awesome idea …. parents and kids can play together to see who can catch more Pokémon while getting exercise in the process. We don’t know exactly what other parts of The Great Trail has Pokémon so you will have to get out there to “Catch ‘Em All.” Check out the photos below of our Sunday Pokémon search adventure!
Although Pokémon Go is a great way to get kids and adults off the couch and get some exercise it is very important to play it safely.
- Turn your notifications on the game so that you are not staring at your phone all the time.
- Always stop to catch your Pokémon so that you do not run into something or someone.
- Always play with a partner and kids should always have adult supervision while playing.
- Stay away from private property.
- Just as when you are hiking, especially in extreme heat, be sure to bring lots of water with you to stay hydrated.
- Stay safe as Pokémon are placed in lots of different places, sometimes even potentially dangerous or dodgy ones
- Always stay alert and aware of your surroundings.
- Last and definitely not least DO NOT PLAY WHILE DRIVING.
Sticking to trails and parks would be the best and safest way to enjoy the game. Ontario’s Conservation Areas, Provincial Parks, The Trans Canada Trail and the Bruce Trail have lots of Pokémon hanging around so be sure to check them out while staying and playing safe.
For information and download links go to the bottom of blog.
For information on Pokémon GO http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-go/
Download for iOS http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/how-to/download-pokemon-go-canada/